The Foundation For Bluegrass Music
Just who or what is the Foundation for Bluegrass Music? The IBMA is a trade organization supporting fans and artists in Bluegrass music. It is not a tax deducible charity. Associated with the IBMA are three charities with three basic goals.
- The Past-The Bluegrass Museum works to preserve the history of Bluegrass Music.The pioneers of Bluegrass music.
- The Present-The Bluegrass Trust Fund provides help to Bluegrass artists that are in dire need due to health issues. The needs of our artists of today.
- The Future-The Foundation for Bluegrass Music which looks to the future of Bluegrass through the Bluegrass in the Schools programs, support to literary works and promoting Bluegrass in places that may have never had it before.
Created in 2007, the Foundation for Bluegrass Music is a non-profit charitable organization (501c3) created to serve as an “umbrella” under which funds can be placed and disbursed to support educational, literary, artistic and historic preservation activities of public benefit.
• annual gifts
• estate plans
• memorial contributions
• one-time gifts
Donations may be designated to create or sustain a particular program or may be unrestricted. And by combining it with the gifts of others, the legacy of the music and your contribution grows and takes on even greater importance. For example, thanks to one recent leadership gift, important programs to expose young people around the world to the music are benefitting and have a more sustainable future while providing important tax advantages to donors.
Some examples of programs that can grow under this umbrella
• Bluegrass in the Schools (grants, workshops, other resources)
• Academic conferences
• Literary work and related efforts
• Public artistic presentations of an educational nature
• Historic preservation
• and other works of a charitable nature
Over the last six years, we have been able to grant money to;
-the Folk School, a service of 88.1 KDHX, for its Bluegrass in the Schools Program of Classes, Jams, and Workshops in St. Louis MO
-the Cowan Community Action Group for the extension of its after school program “Passing the Pick and Bow” in Whitesburg, KY
-the Student bluegrass bands at Wheeling Park High School in Wheeling WV
-the Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail in VA for The Crooked Road’s Artist Roster & School Performance Program
-Guitars in the Classroom, based in CA, for the Reviving Music with Bluegrass Traditions in Clay County Schools project in VA
-contribute to sponsoring an IBMA Youth jamming room and organize and pay for a Bluegrass in Higher Education informational poster session and performance at last year’s World of Bluegrass.
Over twenty tremendous programs like these over the last six years and hundreds of in-school Bluegrass concerts by regional and national Bluegrass bands reaching thousands of students kindergarten through high school for over ten years.
The Foundation is managed by a board of directors which can help you build and guide these efforts, and create a proper repository for your gifts and donations to support important programs. YOUR DONATIONS AND INQUIRIES ARE ENCOURAGED!
The Foundation for Bluegrass Music
4206 Gallatin Road
Nashville, TN 37216