The Foundation For Bluegrass Music
The Foundation’s Nomination Celebration 2015!
We are excited to offer tickets to our annual fundraiser which will be held Wednesday, September 30, 2015 during the World Of Bluegrass 2015 in Raleigh, NC. at The Stockroom, 230 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, NC (easy walking distance from the Convention Center)
This will be a party to acknowledge and honor all of the nominees for this year’s IBMA Bluegrass Music Awards. Reserve the night from 11PM- 1 AM for the inaugural Nomination Celebration presented by the Foundation for Bluegrass Music. Tickets will be $20 each (each ticket is a tax deductible contribution to the future of Bluegrass Music) and include music by Joe Mullins and the Radio Ramblers and 2015 nominee for emerging artist of the year and fiddle player of the year, Becky Buller and her band. Hot and cold food and venue compliments of Empire Eats of Raleigh NC.
Every ticket holders is automatically entered into a raffle which includes;
You do not need to be present to win!
- A Martin Acoustic guitar (donated by Janet Davis Acoustic Music and Joe Mullins)
- A gift basket from D’Addario Strings and Accessories.
- Various CD’s and mercantile from many of the top Bluegrass artists in the world.
Tickets will be available soon at the IBMA website.
Establishing Your Bluegrass Legacy
Just who or what is the Foundation for Bluegrass Music? The IBMA is a trade organization supporting fans and artists in Bluegrass music. It is not a tax deducible charity. Associated with the IBMA are three charities with three basic goals.
- The Past-The Bluegrass Museum works to preserve the history of Bluegrass Music.The pioneers of Bluegrass music.
- The Present-The Bluegrass Trust Fund provides help to Bluegrass artists that are in dire need due to health issues. The needs of our artists of today.
- The Future-The Foundation for Bluegrass Music which looks to the future of Bluegrass through the Bluegrass in the Schools programs, support to literary works and promoting Bluegrass in places that may have never had it before.
Created in 2007, the Foundation for Bluegrass Music is a non-profit charitable organization (501c3) created to serve as an “umbrella” under which funds can be placed and disbursed to support educational, literary, artistic and historic preservation activities of public benefit.
• annual gifts
• estate plans
• memorial contributions
• one-time gifts
Donations may be designated to create or sustain a particular program or may be unrestricted. And by combining it with the gifts of others, the legacy of the music and your contribution grows and takes on even greater importance. For example, thanks to one recent leadership gift, important programs to expose young people around the world to the music are benefitting and have a more sustainable future while providing important tax advantages to donors.
Some examples of programs that can grow under this umbrella
• Bluegrass in the Schools (grants, workshops, other resources)
• Academic conferences
• Literary work and related efforts
• Public artistic presentations of an educational nature
• Historic preservation
• and other works of a charitable nature
The Foundation is managed by a board of directors which can help you build and guide these efforts, and create a proper repository for your gifts and donations to support important programs. YOUR DONATIONS AND INQUIRIES ARE ENCOURAGED!
The Foundation for Bluegrass Music
608 W Iris Drive
Nashville, TN 37204